Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 April 2020

An Open Letter To Mr. Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar


Dear Mr. Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar,
This letter may find you in good health and mental condition amidst international catastrophe due to COVID-19.
I am writing this letter to you by dedicating this open letter to your sister, late Haseena Parkar, who showed extreme courage and determination to fight against all the antagonisms according to her own norms.
I am also writing this letter to you with due respect to imagined nation statist sovereignty, integrity, the ethos of pancasila and non-violence.
In fact you do not know me, though I know you through popular movies, mass media and different anecdotes. From those reports or otherwise allegations or narratives, as far as I understand, from my academic interest in so-called “criminology”, that you are a victim of the circumstances and persecution in the context of parasitic money-signifier based economy. I have also gone through your confessions, when you were interviewed by the super sleuth, Mr. BV Kumar (Former Director General of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence).
When I am hearing or reading or viewing your narratives in different forms, over and again, I remember Bertolt Brecht’s “The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui” (1941), where we found the same type of narrative of a tragic hero, dialoguing in elitist blank verse, with legal conflict--- like you.
However, you are a tragic “winner”, as you have might and right, i.e., money, wealth as well as power, by means of which, you could run a parallel or shadow-governance in a certain area throughout your life like legendary Robin Hood. Your contribution in both the Indian and Pakistani Cricket Team is also to be noted.
The particular purpose of writing this letter to you is to convey DHFL FD-holders’ extreme misery due to one of your close allies’ connection with Wadhawan family. It is alleged that the Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFL) had a “secret” deal with Late Iqbal Mirchi.  
They have invested our widow’s mite in Wadhawan family’s company in the form of Fixed Deposits and that is stuck due to legal complexities. They do not know Mandoli and Hawla-type of illegal transactions; they are also ignorant about other forms of investment through syndicate and share market and we also condemn riba and any form of violent activities, legal or with legal conflict (terrorism and counter-terrorism) and I myself am for the total disarmament—world without violence.   
We are now living within archipelago. Therefore, I am just reiterating a surah from the Holy Quran (4.29):
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تَأْكُلُواْ أَمْوَالَكُمْ بَيْنَكُمْ بِالْبَاطِلِ إِلاَّ أَن تَكُونَ تِجَارَةً عَن تَرَاضٍ مِّنكُمْ وَلاَ تَقْتُلُواْ أَنفُسَكُمْ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ بِكُمْ رَحِيماً
“O you who believe! Do not consume one another's wealth in wrongful ways (such as theft, extortion, bribery, usury, and gambling), except it be dealing by mutual agreement; and do not destroy yourselves (individually or collectively by following wrongful ways like extreme asceticism and idleness. Be ever mindful that) God has surely been All-Compassionate toward you.”
I, an agnostic, am appealing to you for peace and harmony (Rifqand of course,  Zakat, instead of Unf (violence). I think that revenge (Qisas) by means of any type of violence is not the solution (The Holy Quran 5:45).
Yours faithfully,
Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay

PS: The responsibility of writing such letter will be borne by me—none other than me is responsible for such letter (I am saying so as many of my friends are extremely scared and suffering from persecutory paranoia). It is an appeal for peaceful co-existence without atrocities. I am indebted to them, who oppose this letter by branding it as “anti-national” and “seditious”. I must convey my deep regards to them. Long live international equality, liberty and fraternity.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.